Below are the examination bodies in Nigeria. They ensure that students and professionals are validly tested before being issued with the relevant certificates and qualifications. With the exception of WAEC, NECO, JAMB and NABTEB all the other examination bodies are not publicly owned and are professional in nature. They examine candidates aiming to qualify as professionals in given fields. In other words they are specific and professionally oriented. The exceptions are WAEC AND NECO which test secondary school students for the SSCE and GCE O’ level and JAMB which conducts the UTME.
Each of the examination bodies are autonomous. The exceptions again are the WAEC, NECO and JAMB which are subsidiaries of the Federal Ministry of Education.
1 West African Examinations Council (WAEC) Headquarters: Examination Loop (Behind Ridge Hospital) P.O. Box GP 125, Accra, Ghana. Tel: 221511 Fax:23321-222905 Telex: 2934 WAEC GH, http://www.waecnigeria.org
2. National Examinations Council (NECO) Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Way, Western Bye-Pass P.M.B. 159, Minna, Niger State, Nigeria http://www.neconigeria.org
3. Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) Plot PC 16, Idowu Taylor Street Victoria Island, P.O.Box 1580, Lagos Tel: 01-2614255, 2617638, 2622394 www.ican-ngr.org. www.ican-ngr.org
4. Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN) Plot PC 19, Adeola Hopewell Street, P. O. Box 72273, Victoria Island, Lagos Tel: 01-2617674, 2622211 01-2703494, 01-4611842. www.cibnonline.org
5. Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria (CIIN) www.ciinigeria.com
6. Chartered Institute of Stock Brokers (CISB) 10 th Floor, CSS Bookshop House, 50/52 Broad Street, Lagos, Nigeria. Phone: +234-1-280-2180-5. Fax: +234-1-280-2186 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.cisnigeria.com
7. Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIT) 3rd & 4th Floor, Don De Dieu Plaza 11, Ikorodu Road (Opposite CPI-Moore) Maryland, Lagos. Tel: +234-1-7741273, +234-1-4935054, +234-1-8936023 www.citn.org
8. Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM) Management House Plot 22, Idowu Taylor Street, Victoria Island. P. O. Box 2557,Lagos http://managementnigeria.org
9. Chartered Institute of Marketing of Nigeria (CIMN) CIPM House, CIPM Avenue, Off Obafemi Awolowo Way By Lagos State Secretariat, Alausa , Ikeja, Nigeria. P. O. Box 5412 http://www.cimn.8m.com
10. Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN) Association of National Accountants of Nigeria 250 Herbert Macaulay Str. Alagomeji Area, Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria. ph: +234-1-764-2100 alt: 1-484-485-7137vmail http://www.ananigeria.com
11. Chartered Institute of personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPMN) CIPM House, CIPM Avenue, Off Obafemi Awolowo Way By Lagos State Secretariat, Alausa , Ikeja, Nigeria. P. O. Box 5412 http://cipmnigeria-ng.org
12. NATIONAL BUSINESS AND TECHNICAL EXAMINATIONS BOARD (NABTEB) P.M.B. 1747,Ikpoba Hill, Benin City. Tel: 052:258182 Fax: 052: 255972 Website: www.nabtebhq.org, email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) Elephant Cement Way, Alausa Ikeja, P.O. BOX 9086, Lagos. Tel: 01-4967070 http://www.icsa.org